I love food and enjoy different types of cuisine. I have always been a fan of the Tibetan dumplings, which are very popular in Bihar and several other states of India. This lovely snack is boiled and thus does not harm your health. People commonly refer to dumplings as momos. They may have vegetarian or non-vegetarian filling. Here is a simple recipe for vegetarian momos, which is easy to prepare.
- For the coating:
- ¾ Cup Maida
- Water- as per requirement
- 2 tsp- Oil
- ¾ tsp- Salt
- 1 Cup Cabbage (finely chopped)
- ¼ Cup Carrot (finely chopped)
- 4-5 Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Oil
Method of Preparation:
- Make a smooth dough by mixing Maida, oil, salt, and water. Cover the dough and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and white part of the spring onion to the oil and heat on a high flame.
- You must then add carrot, cabbage, and sugar and sauté for a minute.
- Now mix soya sauce, pepper, and green part of the spring onion, salt, and fry on medium flame for roughly one minute.
- Put off the mixture. You can keep the mixture aside.
- Now, you can take the dough and roll it into round discs. Take a small portion of the filling, place it at the centre of the disc, and shape it like a momo.
- Place all these momos in a steamer and steam it for 5-10 minutes. Let it cook in the duration.
- Now you can remove the dumplings from the steamer. Yummy momos are ready to be served.
Suggestions for serving
- Momos taste good with tomato-garlic chutney
- You can also serve momos with Schezwan Sauce
- A spicy chutney of spring onion and chillies also goes well with hot dumplings