Today, in this blog I’m going to share my favourite “Palak Paneer” recipe. It is amongst one of the most popular indian dishes. So let us start cooking.
Ingredients for Preparing Paneer :
- Whole milk (4 cups)
- Lemon juice (2 Tbsp)
Ingredients for Preparing Spinach Curry :
- Divided Coconut oil (2 Tbsp)
- Paneer (250 grams)
- One big onion that is thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped ginger (2 Tbsp)
- Garlic(3 to 4 cloves )
- Canned diced tomatoes (2 cups with juice drained off)
- Coriander seeds (2 tsp)
- Ground cumin (2 tsp)
- 1 tsp. turmeric (1 tsp)
- Chili flakes (¼ tsp)
- Fresh spinach (4 cups)
- Light coconut milk (¾ cup)
- Lemon juice (1 tsp)
- Sugar (½ tsp)
- Salt and Pepper
Making Paneer :
- Place four layers of cheesecloth along with a strainer on a bowl.
- Set the gas at medium heavy and boil.
- To avoid scorching stir the milk occasionally.
- When the milk is boiled remove it from the stove, add two tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Stir nicely for roughly two minutes and stop when the milk curdles .
- Pour the milk in the lined strainer and allow it to drain for around an hour.
- Discard the liquid collected in the bowl.
- Make a flat circle of the curds in the cheesecloth by pressing it.
- Slice it as one inch cubes.
- You will have around 250 grams of Paneer.
Making Spinach Curry :
- Take a non sticky pan and heat around one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Start cooking by adding paneer into it and get golden color on all sides.
- Add tomatoes, ginger and garlic into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until you get a smooth paste
- Pour the paste in bowl and keep it aside.
- Now heat the remaining one tablespoon of coconut oil in medium flame.
- Sauté after adding some onions for around 10 minutes until they become soft.
- Add coriander, turmeric, chili flakes, tomato puree and cumin.
- Heat on low flame for around 5 minutes and let the flavors come out.
- Add the paneer and spinach mixture and heat into the for another 5 minutes.
- Season the mixture with pepper, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
And your Palak paneer is ready to be served. Enjoy 🙂