Gajar ka Halwa is definitely the king of Indian desserts. I have always loved the amazing aroma and delicious taste of this sweet made from carrots. Even people who do not like the taste of carrots love relishing on Gajar Ka Halwa. Here is an easy recipe for my favourite Indian sweet.
Key Ingredients :
- Carrots- 6
- Milk- ½ litre
- Ghee- 1 tsp
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Green Cardamoms- 5-6
- Cashew nuts
Method of Preparation :
- Peel and wash the carrots thoroughly.
- Grate the entire carrot finely.
- Heat ghee in a pan and saute the grated carrot in it.
- Add milk and heat till the carrot soaks the entire milk.
- Now add cardamom powder and sugar.
- Continue to heat till the entire milk is completely soaked by the carrots.
- Now allow it to cool.
- Top the halwa with fine slices of dry fruits.
- You may serve the Halwa hot or cold.
This is a simple procedure to prepare Gajar Halwa. You may even try your additions to personalise your carrot Halwa. Here are some common modifications that people make to the original recipe:
You may add khoya to improve the taste of the Halwa. Khoya should be added after you add the milk.
You may add honey instead of sugar. This is a great modification if you wish to reduce the sugar intake. Honey is much better for health.
Adding a tinge of coconut powder may add a unique flavor to your Gajar Halwa. Go for it only if you like the taste of coconut.